Online bookings or phone bookings can occur after the 28th of September 2020 (at the end of the 8 week Stage 4 lockdown)
DURING STAGE 4 Restrictions: while the VIC government deems Osteopathy and Allied health as essential services with a role in supporting Victoria's health services, we are only allowed to consult with those patients who are deemed as needing URGENT care.
The restriction specifically states that Osteopaths can:
Provide services that prevent a significant change/deterioration in functional independence necessitating escalation of care.
Examples of escalation of care include
• a requirement for specialist input/review
• an increase in care needs
• Emergency department presentation
If you fall into this category during Stage 4 lockdown, please contact Dr Andrea Wheatley directly to complete the questionnaire and see if you are eligible for face to face treatment. If you do not fall into this category, you will need to wait until after the 28th of September to be in a seen face to face consultation. Please note, Virtual (video) consultations are available throughout Stage 4 and you can book online.
For your safety I have now implemented changes at the clinic to allow for social distancing and the recommended sanitation measures including PPE for both the Osteopath and the patients.
I can be contacted by email to discuss urgent situations - email@example.com.
If your condition is deteriorating please contact me via email and I can guide you on how to best manage your situation. I am offering Telehealth consultations as well to assist with home work station ergonomics and exercise and stretching advice whereby I use the APP: Physitrack to create individualised programs.
For URGENT care:
• Prescreening of clients will be necessary for both COVID risk and meeting the urgency criteria.
• If urgent, then only the urgent treatment component, not a full treatment cycle, will have to be considered.
• All allied health PPE requirements must be met.
Strict screening protocols are in place, including sanitising of the clinic after each and every patient attending and masks must be worn by the patient while Dr Andrea is also wearing the required PPE. All protocols must be followed by patients attending the clinic - without exception.
MUST READ: COVID-19
Please DO NOT attend the clinic if:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19, and have not yet met the criteria for discharge from isolation.
- You are currently experiencing any signs or symptoms of a cold or flu (including having a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees C or symptoms of acute respiratory infection)
-Have any reason to suspect you may have been exposed to Coronavirus (COVID-19) by known contact with a person who is a confirmed COVID 19 case
- Arrived in Australia from any country in the past 14 days
If you are experiencing:
shortness of breath
loss of smell or taste
or any symptoms associated with the Coronavirus, or you believe you may have been exposed, we request you reschedule your appointment until you have recovered and been cleared by a GP.
Extra sanitisation is in place in between each and every patient attending and the 2 person rule applies in our building and waiting area. Further information can be found in your reminder email prior to attending your appointment. Thank you and stay safe!